This session will be held by stBorchert and me. We have been looking at the new Configuration Management in Drupal 8 in much detail over the last 3 months and will talk about what you can expect from it.
This is what we plan to talk about:
- What is Configuration Management in Drupal 8, explained in simple terms to be understood by non-developers and developers alike.
- Why should you use Configuration Management (and you should!).
- How to make the best out of using Configuration Management (Hint 1: use git! Hint 2: Stick to certain development best practices - we'll show you how)
- How site admins with no programming knowledge can use it.
- The anatomy of configuration files.
- We'll take a quick look at how to write your own configuration in a custom module.
We will start with the simple stuff and move to the developer-oriented stuff towards the end.